Thursday, November 5, 2009

FLASH 55 FICTION FRIDAY - "In Memory"

Last Thursday evening my best friends cousin past away, her name was Mickey. She lost the battle with the Big C. It was heredity, bad luck and I suppose faith that took her away...she was only 44! She leaves behind a loving husband, one son, one daughter, a father, brothers, sisters and many relatives and friends.

This weekend some of her ashes will be taken to be released at the beach in Myrtle Beach, SC.
She loved the beach, ocean and good times with friends and family. Since I can not be there to participate in the service I dedicate this 55 to her memory.

"In Memory"

"Oh, Mickey you're so fine...Oh Mickey."
We sang this to you many times at the Girl's Parties.

Your smile was infectious. You were happy all the time;
or so it seemed...

You knew your life was to end soon.

After the senseless suffering, you are now at rest.
Ashes to scatter...we all smile.


If you have a 55 story please check in with the g-man at Mr. Know-It-All.

17 comments:

Tall Kay said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. What a nice tribute. I'll bet she's smiling still in heaven.

Anonymous said...

HUgs. It must be hard to smile.

Brian Miller said...

i am so sorry to hear about your friend...a touching 55 tribute. cling to the good memories.

smiles.

Hilary said...

That's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your loss. Lovely tribute.

g-man said...

She left a beautiful mark and a wonderful legacy on this Earth Lulda. We should all be that honorable!
Wonderful 55.....
Thank you for sharing your love for her.
Have a Peaceful Week-End...G

Zuzana said...

So sorry for your loss, this is so difficult to bear...
Your tribute is absolutely lovely...
many hugs
Zuzana

Hootin Anni said...

I love your 55 memorial tribute!!! Very touching, and quite a lovely way to say 'goodbye'.

Mine is Pepper Sprayed today. Click Here and scroll down beyond my Friday's Show n Tell to find my 55. Have a glorious weekend.

the walking man said...

Spot on babe, send her off into the far wind with smiles and loving memory.

Dr.John said...

Seldom has such a nice tribute been done in 55 words.

I have finished my 55.
You’ll find it

HERE.

Anonymous said...

A lovely tribute ~ sorry to hear about her suffering and your loss. May they sing Toni Basil to send her off where she will be "so fine" without a struggle any more. Hugs and prayers from afar.

My 55 is posted: Flash 55 ~ Awakening

clean and crazy said...

a very touching tribute. thanks for using this as your 55 and sharing with us a piece of this very lovely lady.

Maude Lynn said...

A marvelous tribute. I'm sorry for your loss.

Akelamalu said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Cancer is so very cruel. That is a wonderful tribute to her. x

Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

Lovely dedication. I'm so sorry for your loss..

Lulda Casadaga said...

Thanks everyone! Next weeks 55 will have to be brighter and more uplifting...I promise! :)

Mona said...

That is such a wonderful tribute!

buffalodick said...

I honor your fallen, I salute your tribute...My best friend is in it right now.. Guys ain't very good at this...