Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thematic Photographic #38 - "Winter"


This picture was taken a few years ago when we really got some snow...this picture says to me "Yes - it is Winter"!
Sadly, my dog Chocko is no longer with us, he passed in 2007.
My lovely pine tree is also gone. It was a casuality of a draught we suffered.
Another changing scene to add to this pic, is that right behind the tree line a new 4 story Condo went up this year. It now overlooks our little court invading our privacy. But that won't stop me from going naked in my Hot Tub!

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Ack it's difficult to imagine a condo changing the face of that lovely little scene. I'll bet a lot of the residents own binoculars though. ;) Sorry about the pooch. :(

Queen Bee said...

They say it's going to be 47 tomorrow! All the snow is melted and I'm just hoping it stays that way.

Lulda Casadaga said...

Hilary: Let them look...those damn peeping toms! :P I hope they like seeing de FAT!!

Queen Bee: I don't like it when the snow turns citified...black and sooty lookin. All you see is yellow snow and cigeratte butts in it...sure takes away from the purity of it...

Zuzana said...

What a lovely picture; perfect setting for a winter lover such as yourself.;) You seem to have wonderful surroundings where you live.
Sorry to hear about the dog and the tree.
Hope your Friday is good.;))

lime said...

what a pity there's a condo but no tree.

i say enjoy the hot tub nonetheless ;)

Light and Voices said...

Time marches on and things change. Tree gone. Condo blocks your beautiful view. Sorry about your dog. Nice winter scene.
Joyce

Lulda Casadaga said...

Protege: Our little court is a diamond in the rough...

lime: they are planning to put another one up soon...there is a meeting on Wed to discuss the progress and how it affects the hood! :)

Light and Voices: thanks for stopping by...I'm not afraid of change and realize that it is inevitable...but, I miss my pup and I miss my tree!