Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday 55 - "Sit Awhile"

Beautiful baby born to a child
come over here and sit for awhile.

Although, the distance may be long
I can distract myself with a song.

Oh, little one you know, I'll be here for you in tow.
When you're feeling low, you'll always have a place to go.

So, come here and sit for awhile.

This is dedicated to my friends niece who lives in England and who is pregnant and just found out today that she is having a boy!

If you have your own 55 dedication jot it down and go visit the G-Man at Mr. Know-It-All...

8 comments:

Nessa said...

Very sweet and lovely.

steveroni said...

I say what Nessa wrote...just that it put me in a restful, peaceful state, during a rater bust afternoon. How sweet. How lovely. May the child-to-be one day "see" things we cannot even imagine in our dreams! Thank You!

Here is MINE

Brian Miller said...

congrats to your friend...a beautiful and peaceful 55. nicely done...

G-Man said...

Dang Lulda...
This was uncommonly sweet for you.
I can't say nothing snarky about this at all.
Excellent 55, and have a Kick ass Week-End...G

Changnoi said...

Just how my mum is with my sister and me.

Stan Ski said...

Great post - calming and reassuring.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

celebrating 55.

C.M. Jackson said...

beautiful post and blog! Enjoy the weekend!