Friday, September 3, 2010

Flash Friday 55 - "Circus Time"


A memory from my past - When I was a kid and went to the circus this clown "Emmett Kelly" was performing and he came and sat right next to me...but he just turned to the little girl next to me and didn't even give me a 2nd glance...I was very disappointed!
"Circus Time"
JoJo's memory of the circus was filled with joy and excitement.
He could almost smell the popcorn and cotton candy.
He remembered the thundering sounds of the elephants as they circled the ring.
As he wheeled himself up to the window, searching for the Big Top, he smiled and thought
about all those crazy clowns.
If you have a 55 of your own stomp on over to see the G-Man at Mr. Know-It-All...

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles. love the circus...you know i was a clown once...nice 55.

mine is up!

G-Man said...

Insane Clown Posse..
Insane In The Membrane!!!
They Creep me right out...
Loved your 55 though Lulda Dear.
You Rock The Shenandoah Valley!!!
Thanks for the memories, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Zuzana said...

Oh, I remember circus from my childhood too.;) Fortunately only good memories.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xoxo

Bubba said...

Emmett Kelly was probably the most famous circus clown ever.

(Honest! Look him up!)

Sorry he wasn't keen enough to look your way - it was probably just his habit to turn that way.

joanna said...

Love your poem, it brings up good memories. I did love going to the circus and taking my children to the circus, to watch the different performances. I had neighbors who were high trapeze artist, when I was growing up.

so much fun going to rehearsals. and they performed television in the 60's.

Joanny

Joanny