Monday, December 15, 2008

Have a Nice Trip....See you Next Fall!

This past Saturday nite I attended a party with my husband. Tis the season for drinks and merriment! Only thing is, this party did not have any alchohalic beverages served.
So, needless to say, I did not partake in any spiked cider or eggnog.

Upon arriving to the party, we decided to park on the road and walk up the long driveway.
This driveway was very long and narrow and it was very dark...being out in the country it was especially dark. As we slowly made our way up the driveway we commented on why they didn't have a few lights out for their guests. Come on people you live in a mansion...can't you spring for at least a few driveway lights?!!

We made it safely into the large, inviting home and started to feast away. When it was time to leave we slowly walked down the drive...I was commenting on how I would stay in the middle of the drive and this should be safe and easy to manuever.

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness and I finished this comment, lo and behold my foot found the only hole in the pavement. DOWN I WENT.... I managed to land on my right knee and twist my body as my left hand met the ground....my left shoulder followed and "kaplunk" their I was in a heap!!

I needed a few moments to collect myself and assess the damage. NO BROKEN BONES! Bad knee scrap and intensive muscle pulls in shoulder, arm and wrist.

Moral to this Story:
I TELL YOU GOOD PEOPLE...THE NEXT HOLIDAY PARTY I GO TO I AM GOING TO GET DRUNK....CARRY A FLASHLITE and say TO HELL WITH ALL!! BAH HUMBUG!!

9 comments:

buffalodick said...

First time I ever heard anyone say that title- besides me! I go nowhere without backup booze...sober people are like sleeping pills, only with worse side effects!

Lulda Casadaga said...

BD: I'm with you on that one! Have booze will travel...:D

Angel said...

HAHA! I'm not laughing AT you...I'm laughing WITH you!!

lime said...

ouch ouch ouch. it does seem some lights would have been reasonable.

what is it with drunks? they never seem to get hurt when THEY fall.

Lulda Casadaga said...

Beth: I'm still pissed at those people for not having lights. And last nite my husband relayed the tale to the houseowner and all she said was that someone else fell last week in the same spot...Well I do hope the 3rd person that falls sues her ass! :D Now I would laugh over that one!!

lime: OUCH is right! thank you... any reasonable person would have had a few lights out for at least the party!

g-man said...

Lulda, you should have bled all over their fucking carpet!!!

Lulda Casadaga said...

g-man: Not much blood shed but hurt muscles and dignity. I'm supposed to go to another one of these non-drinking affairs this weekend...I will have a small flashlight in my purse...and maybe a FLASK! :D

Hilary said...

Your host probably thought that the alcohol served at the last party caused the previous fall. They changed the wrong variable. I hope you're on the mend.

Zuzana said...

I am happy to hear you are ok!;)
I was at a Christmas party at work a week ago where alcohol was definitely served and I went down as well (figuratively speaking).;)
Hope your next party will me more to your taste.;))