Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!


Growing up across the river from New York City I had the pleasure of attending many "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades". What a wonderful experience for any child, and although it was usually very cold, it didn't seem to bother us at all... especially when the big floats came into view.


Of course, there was always hot chocolate to buy and pretzels. Maybe a hot dog...but, we didn't want to spoil our appetites! I always loved the smell of the roasted chestnuts and just the whole atmosphere was fantastic!


Now a funny memory was when I brought my husband to visit NYC. It was his first time seeing the big parade in person. We didn't realize you had to get there really early...DAH!!


Anyway, we walked through Central Park and finally found the crowd and heard the music being played by the marching bands. But seeing anything was impossible...people were packed in like sardines...no view to be had.


Then suddenly all the kids yelled "there's Santa"... and lo & behold the crowd began thinning out a bit. I yelled to my husband "come on there is an opening". Great we can finally see something!!


Only to find out that when Santa passes you by... that is the end of the parade! Double DAH!!


OK...so, I haven't been to that parade in a LONG TIME!! And I'm a BLONDE!! Give me a gobble break here...


So here's my message to you all:

I hope you all don't have to fight the crowds; you can enjoy a hot cuppa and relax while the Bird is in the oven; and someone else fixes the fixins, and you get to watch the PARADE!


HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

10 comments:

Raven said...

Have a great Thanksgiving. Glad you added your name to Mr. Linky. You didn't quite break his code, though. For some reason, there's no link, just your name. You have to put your name in the top and you http address in the bottom (or vice versa, I forget). I usually click on it to make sure it has worked.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Hilary said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving - with or without a parade. :)

Lulda Casadaga said...

Raven: I'll have to check it out again! :D Enjoy your turkey...

Hilary: Parade on tv only for me!
Enjoy your weekend...

imbeingheldhostage said...

what a great Tday post. I would LOVE to see one of those parades, but I panic in crowds :-)
Happy Tday!!

lime said...

what fun memories. thanks for sharing them. i hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving

buffalodick said...

You've really opened up since you started blogging.. I think I know you better, and I think you're pretty OK.. Happy Thanksgiving, Lulda!

Lulda Casadaga said...

im: Yes,crowds can be a bit overwhelming at times...for that reason I haven't been up to the city in a longtime! :D Thanks for stopping by and Happy!

lime: Likewise, I'm wishing you all a great holiday. ;)

BD: Why, shucks BD you're making me blush....NOT...:D Have a wonderful holiday!

Mona said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lulda!

G-Man said...

Lulda Dear...Happy Thanksgiving!!

Lulda Casadaga said...

Mona & Gman: Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Wait a minute...you do turkey too in India?! :D